Played this one last night and found it hard to quit playing. Very entertaining. Tested my powers of imagination and my memory. I had played a similar game years ago, maybe this is the one. I lost it and thought I′d never see it again. Thank you, myabandonware for making these games available. Your site is easy to navigate and fun.
Share your gamer memories, help others to run the game or comment anything you′d like. If you have trouble to run Zork: The Great Underground Empire first! Your nickname: Your comment: Version: Any DOS Amiga Amstrad CPC Apple II Atari 8-bit Atari ST Commodore 64 Send comment Buy Zork: The Great Underground Empire
Buy Zork: The Great Underground Empire for a small price and enjoy a complete game with music, voices and videos! Most of the games available on GoG, Steam or Origin run instantly. Zork: The Great Underground Empire is available on the following sites: Buy it on GoG
First computer game I ever owned, got a C-64 and Zork I for my 10th birthday in 1984. My young mind was completely blown away by the concept that I was inside the "story" and could actually control what happened. I put hundreds of hours into it before I finally solved every puzzle and collected every treasure. It was the beginning of a life long love affair with adventure/RPG′s that still continues today.
- Release name: Zork: The Great Underground Empire – Part I, ZORK I: The Great Underground Empire , Zork I: The Great Underground Empire, Zork I: Le Grand Empire des Ténèbres, Zork I, Zork, Zork
- Year: 1982
- Platform: DOS
- Released in: United States
- Genre: Adventure
- Theme: Fantasy, Interactive Fiction
- Publisher: Infocom, Inc.
- Developer: Infocom, Inc.
- Perspective: Text-based / Spreadsheet
- Dosbox support – http://www.dosbox.com/comp_list.php?showID=3244 – Fully supported on 0.72