Before you start complaining about a lack of dialog or music check that you downloaded the ISO not the RIP. The RIP is a pre-installed version in a folder with no music or dialog to keep the size down. If you want the sounds that are missing you need to download the ISO version and use a virtual drive to mount and install or burn it to a CD and install.
Everything went fine installing diablo, but at hellfire, I mounted and couldn′t find any file that would be HELLFIRE.bin, there was HELLFIRE.exe that didn′t work, and double clicking setup didn′t do anything either.
+ I didn′t really understand do I still need the hellfire 1.01 patch if I′m on x64 windows or is that just for x86?
- Release name: Diablo (Game of the Year)
- Year: 1996
- Platform: Windows
- Released in: United States
- Genre: Role-Playing (RPG)
- Theme: Action RPG, Fantasy, Hack & Slash, Real-Time
- Publisher: Blizzard Entertainment Inc.
- Developer: Blizzard Entertainment Inc., Blizzard North
- Perspectives: Isometric, 2D scrolling, Bird′s-eye view
34 thoughts on “Diablo – Download”
hi I just installed Diablo but its not working. Mine is Windows 10 64bit version. Please advsie?
I have a black screen right after the Blizzard logo … i have the sound of the Main menu , i only miss the image … any idea what is wrong ? … also … me and my old friend want to instal it on both our laptops … will we be able to play LAN/Multiplayer !?
For those trying to play Hellfire, and are getting a black screen instead, with the game probably crashing afterwards: copy the ddraw.dll of your Diablo instalation directory, and paste it on the Hellfire folder. It worked for me.
one of the first games I got for my 1st Home made PC (Pentium MMX 233 40GB and 2Gb of ram.)
Can′t get it to run in windows ten. Crashes right after the blizzard logo
Damn, so this is a modded version? I thought I was playing the real thing :/
Says I need to put the CDRom in the drive to play, what am I doing wrong? I have Windows 10 64bit, all I did was download and install everything into one folder.
you guys are amazing thank you for letting me play this awesome game again
So, downloaded YES
then, instlled YES
then, ran YES
GETTING EXCITED !!!!
then, started new game YES
then, working good: NO
colours and graphics are a bit off
I just want to say thank you.
I love this game it is my favorite.
Have made a step by step guide on how to install:
this game is legit i scanned it with multiple softwares this game is my all time favorite and im glad i finally found it.
Thank you so much!! Finally get to play diablo 1 after so many years. Atmosphere is amazing 😀 still awesome game!
Got everything working fine but can′t press ~ in-game. Just get a Windows error chime. I can alt+enter to toggle fullscreen/windowed however.
I cant seem to get the virtual clone drive to mount. i downloaded and installed it with .bin file box checked and when i rightclick the icon on desktop it gives me no option to mount
After step 6 @GAME-TWE@KER it says it could not find ddraw.dll even though it is inside the folder C:ProgramFilesDiablo .. what am I missing here?
Sorry.maybe you know why option game as multiplayer is immpossible?Game give information : "unable to create character".
Is there a way to get music and dialogue in there? That′s like half the game…
Truly would appreciate guidance with this, since I love the game so much.
Tania, I put you a star, because I want you to be my wife… it will be the next thing to do.
It′s time to send ′em right where they belong, by hacking ′em in bits… Let′s free Tristram now!
Every time me get to 3rd floor, me guy tell "no way!"
ok I have the iso, when I open it, there′s something telling me to buy an app online to open the file. I bought WinZip, now what should I do?
Good suggestion with Linux to use VirtualBox or Wine to play Win-blows games.
btw I am very sorry for you…
You now there is still hope out there.
Thank you a 1000 times, you′re the first who gives a real fix.
Beware of communists ignorants that says that everything with Windows are viruses, viruses are made with Linux OS, then released to attack Windows. I can say boo-hoo Windows users, to look cool. I prefer the easy ways that Windows let you install programs in your computer. Linux… extract, recompile… what else… uhh! I don′t want to recompile the whole program to play game, just I have no time for this. Double-click the icon and play, very simple, no "sudo" or whatever… So, please let those who play games in peace, keep doing your viruses and annoy big entreprises, Linux boy. (You should be happy there′s tons of people that steel Windows, or hack the software every day.) If you can′t play the game under Linux, use VirtualBox or Wine, your Ubuntu or Fedora or Red Hat will not be infected.
Theres no download just a Drive update installer that puts virus in computers
Now you have the original files, I hope you will try my way, like I wrote earlier, if it works for Windows 10 it should work for you and DON′T FORGET the ddraw.dll it′s necessary to copy it inside your install folder, or the game will crash.
There is a step-by-step process to install and play Diablo – Hellfire with Windows 10 Pro (32-bit). (To install the Hellfire patch, you will need a 32-bit Windows or you can install and play Hellfire without the patch on a 64-bit Windows.)
Before proceeding to download Diablo – Hellfire and their respective patches (Diablo patch 1.09 and Hellfire patch 1.01) including the ddraw.dll this one is very important to copy inside your Diablo installed directory, or else Diablo will keep crashing, later I will explain how to troubleshoot that configuration file, so you can play the game on his maximum screen resolution, which is very close from 1080p (1650X1080 at 60 Hertz).
If you do not have a virtual optical drive, you will need one. Many folks around suggests to install programs such as Daemon Tools or Alcohol 120% for virtual CD/DVD/Blu-Ray drive(s), I prefer to use Virtual CloneDrive by Elaborate Bytes (very simple to install and to use and it does not conflict with games/programs that stop working due to virtual optical drive(s) installed.) During the install process, you check the .bin association box, you will need it to install Hellfire, at first the virtual drive will not see it, the last box on the bottom right you scroll down to All Files, and once clicked; you will see a angry-sheep icon, you select this one to install Hellfire. Later I will explain how to install it under a 32/64-bit environment.
1. Download Diablo the ISO version (631MB). The RIP version is Diablo already installed in a folder, both the music ambiances and voices are missing. The "Belzebub mod works great too, it′s a no-CD patch that comes with few add-ons and gaming improvements. It slightly differs from the original Diablo but you cannot install and play Hellfire. This is for 32-bit Windows, it did not try it for earlier version of Windows, but if it works on Windows 10, great chances it will work with an earlier version.
2. Extract the files inside a different folder within Download folder or on your Desktop or whichever folder you like, but not inside C:Windows or C:Program Files.
3. Right-Click your virtual optical drive select mount, in the pop-up box you select the folder where you saved the Image File (Diablo.iso), when the file is mounted in the drive you will see the Diablo autorun program that will tell you to install Diablo or Spawn (the trial version) you exit the installer. Right-click on the virtual drive and select Open, then select setup.exe, right-click and select Properties, then you choose the Compatibility tab and you check "Run this program in compatibility mode for: and select Windows XP (Service Pack 2), then check "Run this program as an administrator" box, click Apply and OK. Close all folders, on your desktop double-click This PC, then double-click on Diablo, select Yes when it ask you to run Diablo.exe. The install screen should pop-up, then install Diablo.
4. Go to C:Program FilesDiablo, right-click on Diablo.exe and click copy. In the same folder right-click and paste, select Yes at the pop-up windows. You will see Diablo – copy.exe, close the folder.
5. Extract the ddraw.dll file, like in step 2. Copy the file inside C:Program FilesDiablo, once again click Yes when the pop-up window appears. Close the folder.
6. Extract the patch installation file, like in the previous step, then double-click on drtl109.exe (Diablo patch 1.09), click Yes to install the patch. When the patch is successfully installed the game starts, and the game won′t crash (not supposed too, if the game crash double-click on Diablo – copy.exe, to restart the game). Before enjoying hours, you need to configure the graphics. When you are in-game press the ~ key on your keyboard, under Esc key (shift+`), the programs goes into windowed screen again press ~, and select Full Screen: On, then select 1650X1080X60 and press enter, and have fun!
The same way is done to install and play Diablo and Hellfire (no patch) under a 64-bit Windows except you install it in C:Program Files (x86) folder.
7. To install Hellfire, right-click on your virtual drive and select mount, at first the pop-up window will not showing anything, then at the bottom-right corner click and scroll to All Files or (*.*), then select the file with a bin extension (HELLFIRE.bin).
8. IMPORTANT: THIS IS FOR A 32-BIT WINDOWS, YOU DO NOT NEED TO PROCEED WITH THIS STEP IF YOU HAVE A 64-BIT WINDOWS.
Mount the Diablo Image in the drive again, extract Hellfire patch 1.01, like step 2, double-click on hf101.exe, and click Yes to accept to install the patch.
9. Go to C:Program FilesDiabloSIERRAHELLFIRE (or C:Program Files (x86)DiabloSIERRAHELLFIRE) and double-click on hellfire.exe and play hellfire.
Be patient, follow these steps, if it do not works retry again, or use the alternative program (Diablo RIP or Belzebub mod) if you do not feel that patient.
alright i got the ISO version, installed it and directX
keeps saying "direct draw error" and never starts, any suggestions?
running Windows 95 virtualbox 256 colors
i got the RIP version and it wont run on anything
not windows 7, nor any versions of windows on my virtualbox
installing the ISO version now and see if that works
I downloaded the Diablo RIP for Windows, and can′t seem to get it to run. I just get a message saying "Diablo has stopped working" whenever I try to open Diablo.exe so what do I need to do to get it to work?
To Tea Hunter, you will need to get a program like Alcohol 120% or Daemon Tools Lite to install a virtual a disk drive, then you mount the .bin extension file and the drive reads it as a CD, then you install the expansion pack in C:/Diablo from your virtual drive. ( I suggest Daemon Tools Lite earlier than 5.0.1 version; downloaded from oldversion.com, it can read .bin extension files. Therefore; you don′t need to convert them into .iso extension file).
I hope that helps
no music/dialog also screen turns fully black and cant exit when trying to turn off game. will not allow tabbing out or use of task manager to close or minimise. if not for the problem closing it would be alright.
First, I haven′t been on the internet in ten years. However, I′ve installed hundreds of pieces of software, into the XP environment. Just not much of the modern stuff. I downloaded Diablo into a C:/Diablo directory and ran the executable. The conventional game works just fine. But the original game I hav