I have launched it with emulator from other than T2 link. Works like a charm on my macOS 10.13.
1. Install Mac OS 9 app from here: http://www.columbia.edu/~em36/macos9osx.html
2. Transfer Civilization 2 Gold.toast file (no need to unarchive .toast, only zip) by dragging the file to icon of Mac OS 9
3. Install the game
4. Launch from Mac OS 9′s application folder
Thanks to T2 for the advice on set up. i followed it, but got the same error message "Could not find a translation extension with appropriate translators" as other commenters. I did open the Toast folder in OS X, then move the files to Shared folder.
When i tried installing the Civ II Gold update, i got a file not found error: Civilization II Gold. When i try opening Civ II Gold Rel PPC, i get a similar error that this file needs to be in the same folder as the Civilization II application. i don′t see any file like that in the zip folder, so i am a bit lost.
- Release name: Civilization II: Ultimate Classic Collection
- Year: 1999
- Platform: Mac
- Released in: United States
- Genre: Strategy
- Theme: 4X, Managerial, Turn-based
- Publisher: MacSoft
- Developer: MicroProse Software, Inc.
- Perspectives: Isometric, Bird′s-eye view, Free-roaming camera
5 thoughts on “Civilization II: Multiplayer Gold Edition – Download”
Having same problem, managed to get files into the shared folder etc but when I′m running the application it appears to start but then I just get an ′error 3′..help..
ok, i got this to work. they key is getting the right files in the right places, working til it functions. thanks T2.
Shared Civ Toast, Installer, Civ II Gold
Civ II Gold Civ II Files, other files in civ 2 gold folder
T2′s instructions do work. But at first Civilisation II Gold.toast is an archive that needs to be opened in the OS X environment – the contents then go in the user/shared folder.
Retro Gamer, I′m getting the same error message. Did you figure out how to get around it?
"I demand tribute for my patience!′ spent so many hours on this game.