You can make it to work with 3dfx:
Win 10 64-bit, nGlide 1.05 - no crash, no black text.
Yes it works for Win 10. I′ve got it working on Win 10 x64.
- You must rename the intro video (main.mpg) in the:
CodemastersBlade of DarknessDatavideo
Folder. Otherwise, when you try to run the game, you may see an error due to the video being unable to play.
You will likely need the openGL renderer. Otherwise, you will only see black text. Game will run, but you will have no idea what options you are selecting.
The DLL which is in the zip you download, must be copied to the:
CodemastersBlade of DarknessBinRaster
Folder. Then, you will see rOpenGL as an option in the video list.
You will be able to play in a small window, or full screen.
I don′t know how stable this arrangement is, but at least it is a start.
The black captions thing is a bug with the DirectX renderer. Unfortunately there′s no perfect renderer solution for the game, but this version of the OpenGL renderer, while not crashproof, seems to be the generally best solution:
- Release name: 黑暗之刃, Severance: Blade of Darkness, Blade: The Edge of Darkness, Blade of Darkness: By Steel will the Flesh divide, Blade
- Year: 2001
- Platform: Windows
- Released in: United Kingdom
- Genre: Action
- Theme: Fantasy
- Publisher: Codemasters Software Company Limited, The
- Developer: Rebel Act Studios
- Perspective: Behind view