Hi, Its indeed a bit tricky to install. I′m using Linux, I used wine to run the XcomUtil 9.7.exe executable. The install directory was the mount point I used under Linux to mount my "C" drive in Dosbox (my case ~/dosgames). So the installation directory that I used during the Xcom Util wizard was: /home//dosgames/UFO. After the install, I just copied all files from ′UFO′ directory into my ~/dosgames/UFO directory manually. Now I switch to Dosbox. And execute the just installed XcuSetup.bat script in my UFO folder. This will do the actual setup with some advanced improvement patches if you want. Now its working!
I don′t think the UFOCRACK.COM is really necessary. If you want to play the game without mounting the CD just input the follow in the command line:
XCOPY D:*.* C:XCOM /S
where D: is your CD and C: is the drive on which you wish to install XCOM.
Also the latest update (1.4) disables the copy protection codes.
X-com 1 2 e 3 funcionam em dosbox. PONTO.
1 cria uma pasta e descompacta o game nela (recomendo c:games)
2 monta a pasta do game em dosbox. (recomendo c:games)
mount c c:games
3 digite c: e navegue para a pasta do game
4 tecle TAB e os executáveis aparecerão
5 digite UFO
Obs: setup configura o som. É só teclar enter até sair.
I′m wondering if this will work on computers, My only real problems when playing it on the site is that it seems a little laggy which ruins the music which makes the game hard to play. I′m not too old being only 15 but I remember back in the day when i was little playing games like this one and I feel nostalgic.
- Release name: X-COM 未知なる侵略者, X-Com: UFO Defense Collector′s Edition, X-COM: Terran Defense Force, X-COM: Michi Naru Shinryakusha, X-COM: Enemy Unknown, UFO: Enemy Unknown, UFO: Der unbekannte Gegner, Laser Squad 2
- Year: 1994
- Platform: DOS
- Released in: United States
- Genre: Strategy
- Theme: RPG Elements, Sci-Fi / Futuristic, Turn-based
- Publisher: MicroProse Software, Inc.
- Developer: Mythos Games Ltd.
- Perspectives: Isometric, Bird′s-eye view
- Dosbox support – http://www.dosbox.com/comp_list.php?showID=1334 – Fully supported on current version