Doesn′t mention the snes/famicom version which are by far the best looking. You can play them directly here :http://www.nintendoemulator.com/snes/1770. May need to go to options and change some things like the language.
I recall a bug in this game where you could generate a bishop character, then ′I′ item #9 and it would give you a giant (like 1.6E+10 or something) number of XP points which you could use to level up and then switch to the character class you wanted. It didn′t work every time but eventually it would hit. My first buffer overflow, to be sure.
- Release name: ウィザードリィ 狂王の試練場, Wizardry: Proving Grounds of the Mad Overlord!, Sorcellerie: Le Donjon du Suzerain Heretique, Paladin, MacWizardry, Dungeons of Despair
- Year: 1984
- Platform: DOS
- Released in: United States
- Genre: Role-Playing (RPG)
- Theme: Dungeon Crawler, Fantasy, Turn-based
- Publisher: Sir-tech Software, Inc.
- Developer: Andrew Greenberg, Inc., Robert Woodhead, Inc.
- Perspective: 1st-Person
- Dosbox support – http://www.dosbox.com/comp_list.php?showID=906 – Supported on 0.63