Remember when using the RIP version on Dosbox:
After running the crack, the war2.ini file will state "cdpath=.", refering to the local working directory. However, when you mounted the Warcraft 2 folder to another drive using Dosbox, you should refer to that assign drive.
For example, I have mounted the game to drive W: using the dropbox command
mount w c:gameswarcraft2
Now I shoud change the first line of the war2.ini file to ′cdpath=w:′
MAC OSX Sierra 10.12.4 Guide
Step by step
1. You will need to d/l two additional applications-
1.1 Boxer - http://boxerapp.com
1.2 bChunk - http://www.jamesnsears.com/code/bchunk.zip
2. D/L the ISO version of WC2 (Important)
3. Unzip the file two files, Warcraft 2.bin and Warcraft 2.cue
4. Open the application Terminal on your MAC. You can find this under the ′Utilities′ tab, or Shift+Command+U.
5. Follow this guide on how to create an ISO file from the Bin/Cue files.
5.1 You should now have a file named Warcraft 2.iso01.iso, and a numerical series of files named Warcraft 2.iso02.crd, etc...
6. Go back to Boxer. Open and install it, if you already haven′t done that.
6.1 You have three options browse your games, import new games, of DOS promo. Choose import new games.
7. Drag and drop the file Warcraft 2.iso01.iso into the Boxer frame.
8. Choose INSTALLER.EXE, and press Launch Installer.
9. Choose a sound card, I tried Generic OPL-3 and it worked fine for me.
10. The Boxer screen goes to a DOS promt. Type, WAR2 to play the game.
11. Get some nachos, drinks and turn off the cell phone. It′s Warcraft 2 time....
SPARKY unless its been modded no it wont allow hotkeys this was before that was the norm. The mouse scroll speed being fast is normal has always been like that use the arrow keys its a bit more controllable. I know this is a month later but your comment was humorous too me and I can tell you never played when it came out. Its a great game one of the original good RTS games but it is very old and the UI can be tough to get used too.
Guys, I′m having an annoying problem. When I try to scroll with my mouse outside the border of the visible screen and it automatically moves me to edge where I was scrolling. It′s the same, when I use the arrows, If I am at the bottom, when I press the up key and the screen is moved to the top. I am playing on MacBook Pro, with boxer emulator. Any ideas?
Got the game to work without any problems, can′t say as much about the editor though. war2ed95.exe launches just fine under Win7 (even without any compatibility tweaks) and it works as intended, BUT only until I decide I want to load or save a map. At that point the editor instantly crashes with no error notification or anything.
Anyone got a clue how I can fix this?
hello, almost 2018 - and i found something..
plays in web browser. nothing required, click and play. free.
no saves afaik - complete it in one go, ironman style.
That′s real WarCraft and not the crap which is available at the moment. Before the game was about logic, strategy... now it′s more to steal customer′s money for some upgrades and minor things. I am frustrated how game industry degrade with years. I played that game long time and I had feeling that maps were too small... now I can see that I remember right, map is really very small =)
I miss the old good days when they respected the customer like they especially programmed the "three-players-on-one-cd" feature to those few players that had more than just 1 computer for the family
Now, nobody cares about such minority and, if you want to play multiplayer, you have to buy separate copy for each player...
Hi people, warcraft 2 can be well played on android when you wait somewhere, in a bus or by doctor. I created several youtube videos about playing dos games on android. See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8g5EKo7YQ48
- Release name: WarCraft II: Blood Seas, WarCraft 2, War2
- Year: 1996
- Platform: DOS
- Released in: United States
- Genre: Strategy
- Theme: Fantasy, RTS, Real-Time, Steampunk, War
- Publisher: Blizzard Entertainment Inc.
- Developer: Blizzard Entertainment Inc.
- Perspectives: Top-Down, Free-roaming camera
- Dosbox support – http://www.dosbox.com/comp_list.php?showID=2378 – Fully supported on current version