I used to play this game a lot back in 1998. I use Windows 7, 64bit. It won′t work on a 64bit architecture.
2 options to make it work....
1. Best Option. VMWare an install of a Windows 32 OS (XP, 2000 or Win98). Run the game in that environment.
2. DOSBox. Google the website. It works using DOSBox, but it is not like playing it in a Windows environment. The battle animations suck to watch in DOS. Motion is really bad. You need to left click and hit Enter on the piece then again on the square (both click and Enter) you want to move the piece to.
The latter means takes forever to play a game.
Shutch: Fantastic game. Too bad more like these were never developed. It was a diamond in the rough.
Awesome that this can be enjoyed still...I was the producer on this at Toolworks. The big selling feature was 72 unique animated capture sequences. We were trying to up Battle Chess at the time which had 36 sequnces (Blk takes Wht ____piece, and vice versa was the same) in our each was different. Good times!
- Release name: Star Wars Chess
- Year: 1993
- Platform: DOS
- Released in: United States
- Genre: Strategy
- Theme: Board / Party Game, Chess, Licensed Title, Sci-Fi / Futuristic
- Publisher: Software Toolworks, Inc., The
- Developer: Software Toolworks, Inc., The
- Dosbox support – http://www.dosbox.com/comp_list.php?showID=2771 – Fully supported on current version