The story was excellent. The file downloaded here have a hints folder with a star map that helped me out a ton. Also I believe the files for the human and the red probe ships were modified. The human ship has unlimited energy and can fly so fast it will kill itself by flying faster then the missiles it fires(hint shoot sideways if moving.) The red probes attacks seem to be disabled completely. I didn′t realize this until halfway through the game which helped out a lot when getting the hang of the game. can′t wait to play a second time with the original ship setting(the files are found in the "original" folder).
Best adventure game in computer history... period
Share your gamer memories, help others to run the game or comment anything you′d like. If you have trouble to run Star Control II first! Buy Star Control II
Buy Star Control II for a small price and enjoy a complete game with music, voices and videos! Most of the games available on GoG, Steam or Origin run instantly. Star Control II is available on the following sites: Buy it on GoG
- Release name: The Ur-Quan Masters, Star Control II: The Ur-Quan Masters, Star Control 2
- Year: 1992
- Platform: DOS
- Released in: United States, Canada
- Genre: Role-Playing (RPG)
- Theme: Arcade, Real-Time, Sci-Fi / Futuristic, Space Flight
- Publisher: Accolade, Inc.
- Developer: Toys for Bob Inc.
- Perspectives: 2D scrolling, Top-Down, Fixed / Flip-screen
- Dosbox support – http://www.dosbox.com/comp_list.php?showID=88 – Fully supported on 0.72