Starships is a game with a lot of potential, but falls short of what it could be. The game lacks a decent tutorial outside of standard tooltips, but the gameplay is fairly shallow without too much curve. Most of the non-combat gameplay is simply buying improvements/investments for better resources, which you can use to buy improvements and investments.
The battles themselves are largely a matter of flying in and out of cover, shooting targets from behind/the side and randomly crippling their abilities while they do the same to you. Torpedoes can be used to created delayed explosions, granting you a degree of control over enemy movement, and there's some shenanigans with cloaking and radar.
Developer: Firaxis Games
Release Date: 12 Mar, 2015
Genre: Strategy, Sci-fi, Casual, Turn-Based
- OS: Windows Vista SP2/ Windows 7
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8 GHz or AMD Athlon X2 64 2.0 GHz
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Graphics: 256 MB ATI HD2600 XT or better, 256 MB nVidia 8800 GT or better, or Intel HD4000 or better integrated graphics
- Storage: 841 MB available space
- Sound Card: Audio output capability