This stand-alone expansion adds a fun survival mode, an improved RPG skill tree, more varied weapons, and better special effects & physics. Like the first game, it's a lot more fun to play in local co-op (online co-op NOT being supported).
There's a level editor included, but it seems like nobody ever released any maps. Likewise, nobody seems to have released any mods, despite the game being open source.
Release Date: 14 Nov, 2007
Genre: Action, Sci-fi, Shooter
- Supported OS: Windows® XP / Windows® Vista
- Processor: 1.5 GHz Processor (2.0 GHz+ recommended)
- Memory: 512 MB RAM (1024 MB RAM recommended)
- Graphics: DirectX compatible 128 MB graphics card (512 MB recommended)
- DirectX Version: DirectX® 9.0c
- Sound: DirectX compatible sound card
- Hard Drive:1 GB Hard Drive space
- Gamepad required for co-op play
NOTE: Shadowgrounds: Survivor uses PhysX, which is a physics library by NVIDIA. It works on all graphics cards, including AMD and ATI. Installing the free PhysX Legacy drivers may be required for the game to launch.