No previous experience with the Prince of Persia series is required to enjoy Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time. In fact, virtually nothing will bar you from being impressed by this extremely well-put-together action adventure game from the studio that brought you Splinter Cell and Rainbow Six 3. In stark contrast to Ubisoft Montreal's previous offerings, Prince of Persia is surprisingly easy, despite the incredible acts of skill and daring that the game's main character will routinely perform during the course of the game. As a result, this original, visually stunning game can be highly recommended to just about anyone. The new PC port, whose release trailed a few weeks behind its console counterparts, is just about as impressive as the others, overall. It's a fairly short game, and it's missing the console versions' bonus features, but it's truly excellent for as long as it lasts.
Release Date: 2 Dec, 2003
Genre: Action, Adventure, Hack and Slash
- Supported OS: Windows 2000/XP (only)
- Processor: 800 MHz Pentium III or AMD Athlon
- System Memory: 256 MB of RAM
- Video Card: 64 MB GeForce 3 or higher, or ATI Radeon 8500 or higher, Matrox Parhelia. (GeForce4 MX not supported)
- Sound Card: DirectX 9.0 or higher compliant sound card
- DirectX Version: DirectX version 9.0c or higher
- Hard Disk: 1.5 GB available hard disk space
- Supported Peripherals: ThrustMaster FIRESTORM Dual Analog 3
- Note: For an up-to-date list of supported chipsets, video cards, and operating systems, please visit the FAQ for this game at: http://support.ubi.com.