Deep in a coma dream, Tanner floors his imaginary gas pedal and begins the chase. The suspect in the red SUV desperately weaves in and out of traffic, but if he's hoping the risk of civilian casualties will keep him safe, he's in the wrong car chase.
Tanner may not yet realise he's lying in a hospital bed, but that doesn't stop reality being his subconscious's bitch. As the suspect hits the freeway, Tanner becomes a floating, ethereal spirit, possesses a truck driver coming the other way, and turns his truck into a high-speed battering ram.
And later, things get a bit odd.
Driver: San Francisco is one of the weirdest driving games ever, in the best possible way. It's Life on Mars turned into a wheelman's wet dream. Tanner's ability to shift between cars at will takes what was previously a straightlaced series and makes it constantly fun, funny and chaotic.
Release Date: N/A
Genre: Action, Adventure, Racing
- OS: Windows XP (32/64 bit), Windows Vista (32/64 bit), Windows 7 (32/64 bit)
- Processor: Intel Pentium D 3.0 Ghz or AMD Athlon64 X2 4400+ 2.2Ghz (Intel Core2Quad Q6600 2.4Ghz or Athlon II X4 620 2.6Ghz recommended)
- Memory: 1GB Windows XP / 2GB Windows Vista Windows 7 (2GB for XP / Vista / 7 recommended)
- Graphics: 256 MB DirectX–compliant, Shader 4.0–enabled video card (512 MB DirectX compliant, Shader 4.0 enabled video card recommended)
- DirectX®: 9.0c libraries (included)
- Hard Drive: 10GB
- Sound: DirectX 9.0c – compliant sound card (5.1 PCI sound device recommended)
- Internet: An Internet connection is required to activate the game during initial installation
- Multiplayer: Permanent broadband Internet connection is required (128+ kbps)