I have launched it with emulator from other than T2 link. Works like a charm on my macOS 10.13.
1. Install Mac OS 9 app from here: http://www.columbia.edu/~em36/macos9osx.html
2. Transfer Civilization 2 Gold.toast file (no need to unarchive .toast, only zip) by dragging the file to icon of Mac OS 9
3. Install the game
4. Launch from Mac OS 9′s application folder
Thanks to T2 for the advice on set up. i followed it, but got the same error message "Could not find a translation extension with appropriate translators" as other commenters. I did open the Toast folder in OS X, then move the files to Shared folder.
When i tried installing the Civ II Gold update, i got a file not found error: Civilization II Gold. When i try opening Civ II Gold Rel PPC, i get a similar error that this file needs to be in the same folder as the Civilization II application. i don′t see any file like that in the zip folder, so i am a bit lost.
- Release name: Civilization II: Ultimate Classic Collection
- Year: 1999
- Platform: Mac
- Released in: United States
- Genre: Strategy
- Theme: 4X, Managerial, Turn-based
- Publisher: MacSoft
- Developer: MicroProse Software, Inc.
- Perspectives: Isometric, Bird′s-eye view, Free-roaming camera