We took everything that we loved about ARK and put it in the largest game world ever for an action-based MMO.Jesse Rapczak
Studio Wildcard, the creator of survival game poster child ARK: Survival Evolved, is making a pirate-themed sandbox MMO where you can capture and govern entire islands, build and sail galleons, and then fight in massive sea battles against other players. It's EVE Online mashed with ARK, and it's releasing on Steam Early Access on December 13 for $30.
Atlas was just announced live onstage at The Game Awards, but I got the chance to visit Studio Wildcard earlier this month and experience it firsthand.
'We took everything that we loved about ARK and put it in the largest game world ever for an action-based MMO,' Studio Wildcard co-founder Jesse Rapczak tells me.
Developer: Grapeshot Games, Instinct Games
Publisher: Grapeshot Games
Release Date: 22 Dec, 2018
Genre: Survival, Open World, Adventure, RPG, Action
- OS: Windows 7/8.1/10 (64-bit versions)
- Processor: Intel Core i5-2400/AMD FX-8320 or better
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 770 2GB/AMD Radeon HD 7870 2GB or better
- Storage: 100 GB available space
- Additional Notes: Requires broadband internet connection for multiplayer