Of all the Assassins Creed games, Odyssey is the most aptly named. It's a roleplaying game of mythic proportions, a world so vast and intricately detailed I feel lost in it all. This isnt just Ubisofts usual style of open world draped over the Aegean Sea, either. Theres still that familiar scattering of icons that covers each of its 30ish zones, but Odysseys various activities weave into a satisfying web of interlocking systems. Previous Assassin's Creed games were full of mundane activities that existed merely to check them off a list, but nearly every pursuit in Odyssey folds back into its overarching quest in some way. Many of Odyssey's zones could host a smaller RPG on their own, but together they form an incomparably large world full of things to do.
Odyssey sheds so much of what Assassins Creed is known for to fully embrace the core concepts of a roleplaying gameand it's all the better for it.
Developer: Ubisoft Montreal
Release Date: 9 Apr, 2008
Genre: Action, Adventure, Open World, Sci-fi, RPG
- Supported OS: Windows® XP/Windows Vista® (only)
- Processor: Dual core processor 2.6 GHz Intel® Pentium® D or AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 3800+ (Intel Core® 2 Duo 2.2 GHz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ or better recommended)
- System Memory: Windows XP: 1 GB RAM / Windows Vista: 2 GB RAM
- Video Card: 256 MB DirectX® 10.0-compliant video card or DirectX 9.0-compliant card with Shader Model 3.0 or higher (*see supported list)
- Sound Card: DirectX 9.0 or 10.0-compliant sound card (5.1 sound card recommended)
- DirectX Version: Direct X 9.0 (Windows XP) or 10.0 (Windows Vista) libraries
- Hard Disk: 8 GB available hard disk space
- Supported Peripherals: Keyboard, mouse, optional controller (Xbox 360® Controller for Windows recommended)
- *Supported video cards at time of release: ATI® RADEON® X1600** /1650**- 1950/ HD 2000/3000 series, NVIDIA GeForce® 6800**/7/8/9 series. **PCI Express only supported. Laptop versions of these cards may work but are NOT supported. These chipsets are the only ones that will run this game. For the most up-to-date requirements, please visit the FAQ for this game at: http://support.ubi.com.