Lewis Carroll's Alice's Adventures in Wonderland is a novel in which anything might happen. Alice: Madness Returns is a sumptuous but mechanically simple third-person action game in which just about everything does.
Set more than a decade after her adventure in American McGee's Alice, Alice: Madness Returns finds the titular heroine receiving psychiatric care in a depressing Victorian orphanage, so it's no wonder that she'd decide to duck out of grim reality and return to the Wonderland that she fought to restore to verdant beauty as a girl. But when a gooey black ruin begins coughing up baby-faced monsters, Alice's refuge turns into a series of phantasmagoric prisons that she must traverse to find its sourcein her own fragile psyche.
And she does so with aplomb. Alice whips out her Vorpal Blade and tears into her foes with a rapid series of bloody slashes that gracefully drop into slo-mo for an instant after every combo.
Release Date: N/A
Genre: Action, Adventure, Hack and Slash, Horror
- OS: Windows 7 SP1, Windows Vista with SP2, Windows XP with SP3
- Processor: Intel Core2 Duo (or equivalent) running at 1.60GHz or greater, AMD Athlon X2 (or equivalent) running at 1.60GHz or greater
- Memory: 2048MB or greater
- Hard Disk Space: 8.5 GB
- Video Card: *NVIDIA GeForce 7600 256MB or ATI Radeon X1650 256MB or greater
- Sound: DirectX 9.0c compatible
- DirectX®: 9.0c